Why does WordPress use MySQL?
- Extremely fast
- A widely available database server
- Supported by low-cost Linux hosting
How we can create a template in WordPress?
We can create templates for various purposes like if we want to make a different layout rather than a home page or if we want to display custom posts types like news than we can create a template and merely display all news there. Create a livenews.php file on the root in the theme folder. Insert
get_footer(); on livenews.php page. Add in top of this created page. Now this template name is “News Template”.
How to display custom field value on page?
You can use this code just copy and paste
get_post_meta(get_the_ID(), 'custom_field_name', TRUE);
How we can change table prefix ( wp_ ) in WordPress?
Before installation: Go to
wp_config.php file and rename
$table_prefix = 'wp_'; whatever you want and After installation : Go to PHPMyAdmin -> select your database -> check all tables -> Add/Update table prefix.
What are the hooks?
Hooks enable users to create WordPress themes or plug-ins with shortcodes or function without changing the original files.
There are two types of hooks:
Action hooks: Action hooks facilitate you to insert an additional code from an outside resource.
Filter hooks: Filter hooks facilitate you to add content or text at the end of the post.
What are the most exciting and useful features of WordPress?
- Easy to install and upgrade
- In-built SEO engine
- Free and easy theme selection
- Multilingual- available in more than 70 languages
- Own data- no unwanted advert on your website
- Flexibility and Easy publishing option
What difference between WordPress Categories and Tags?
WordPress Categories are broad-ranging. It helps a user to identify a blog. It is possible for a post to have more than one category. A post must have at least one category. WordPress Tags are like categories, but they are used to describe a post more specifically. Tags are not necessary for every post.
What is the difference between action hook and filter hook in WordPress?
Actions Hook is triggered by particular events that take place in WordPress such as changing themes, publishing a post, or displaying an administration screen. It is a custom PHP function defined in your plugin and hooked, i.e., set to respond, to some of these events.
Actions offently do one or more of the following things
- Modify database data
- Send an email message
- Modify the generated administration screen or front end page sent to a user web browser.
Here are some Actions Functions listed
- remove_action() etc
Filters Hook are functions that WordPress passes data through, at certain points in execution, just before taking some action with the data. It sits between the database and the browser and between the browser and the database; all most all input and output in WordPress pass through at least one filter hook.
The necessary steps to add your filters to WordPress are listed:
- Create the PHP function that filters the data
- Hook to the screen in WordPress, by calling add_filter()
- Put your PHP function in a plugin file and activate it.
Here are some Filters Functions listed
- remove_filter() etc
How many types of users role in the WordPress
- Administrator: They have full rights over a site.
- Editor: They deal with the content section of a website.
- Author: They only deal with their posts. They can delete their post even after publishing.
- Contributor: A contributor doesn’t have the right to publish their post or page. They need to send it to the administrator for review.
- Subscriber: Users who are subscribed to your site can log in and update their profile.
- Follower: They don’t have any rights. They can only read and comment on your post.
- Viewer: They can only read and comment on a post.
What are custom fields in WordPress?
Custom fields are also called post meta. It is a feature through which users can add arbitrary information when writing a post. These metadata can be displayed using template tags in WordPress themes.
$args = array( 'post_type' => 'blog', 'posts_per_page' => 10 );
$loop = new WP_Query( $args );
while ( $loop->have_posts() ) : $loop->the_post();
echo '<div class="entry-content">';
How to add custom dynamic sidebars in WordPress?
$args = array( );
'name' => __( 'Sidebar name', 'theme_text_domain' ),
'id' => 'unique-sidebar-id',
'description' => '',
'class' => '', 'before_widget' => '<li id="%1$s" class="widget %2$s">',
'after_widget' => '</li>',
'before_title' => '<h2 class="widgettitle">',
'after_title' => '</h2>'
Why WordPress is the best CMS?
There are many reasons why WordPress is considered the best CMS. Some of them are listed below:
- Available huge Themes and Plugins
- SEO Friendliness and Security
- Open source and Free of Cost
- A large community of developers and users
- Inbuilt Admin User Interface and its Speed
How to improve security on a WordPress site?
Security in a WordPress site is essential as these websites are favorite targets for hackers. A site can’t be perfectly secured, but one can at least reduce the risk by applying different security measures.
- Strong password
- 2 step login authentication
- Limit number of login attempts
- Use SSL
- Keep site updated
- Uninstall unuseful plugin & theme
How we can disable comments in WordPress?
- Goto admin panel -> setting -> click on the Discussion tab
- Under Default article settings uncheck the box next to Allow people to post comments on new articles
- Now click on Save Setting
Why is Backup important?
Backup allows you to retrieve your site back if something goes wrong or if your site breaks. There could be many reasons for this like external attack, hacking, server down.
You can lose everything from data to all the posts on your site. The backup is essential to avoid it.
Securing your backup is also an important issue. Make sure to update your plugins and themes regularly or in a specified interval. Use strong Username and Password. A database name should also be uncommon.
Explain the user metafunction in WordPress?
This function is used by developers to retrieve the metadata of users. The usermeta function is capable to return an array or single metadata. The following syntax needs to be used to apply usermeta function.
get_user_meta( int $user_id, string $key = '', bool $single = false )
What are the steps to install a WordPress theme?
In the login dashboard, click “Appearance” “Theme” and “Add New”. On the top of your screen, click “Upload.” Click “Browse,” and select.ZIP file for a downloaded extension.
What is config file in WordPress?
wp-config.php is the most important file in a WordPress installation. It links the database and files on your WordPress site together. Located in the root of the WordPress file directory, wp-config.php contains configuration details, including database-connection information.